Friday, July 16, 2010

teens

Good Friday Morning,
Yesterday I took my oldest son to see his Attorney to discuss his two cases and he has a woman Attorney..which she is wonderful, and she had my son explain exactly what happened on the nights that his friends came and snuck him out, and as he was telling her.. all I could think about was that my son was out late at night and how scary is that.

The attorney is really taking her time with my son letting him know how bad the friends that he was with those nights have it, and that they are both going to Juvenile detention for the rest of the summer. Talked about drugs and what the teens are doing now with selling prescription drugs to other kids and how addictive these drugs are, and how they alter your brain and decision making skills.

My son and I started having a discussion about everything and she sat there for a minute,and said to us" how refreshing it was to here us talk to each other in such a healthy way, that most clients she has the kid comes in looking like there High, and as soon as the parent starts talking to them they curse out the parent."

she asked my son what his plans where for the future and he said "He wants to go to College and study Physics or Chemistry...She said great its not to late theses misdemeanor cases can be gone in a year to two years, and many jobs require you to have a clean record..especially Government jobs.

So you get to make healthy choices for yourself and healthier friends. I told him to be a leader not a follower because when you follow someone Else's bad choices this is what happens, and anything after 10:00 pm is trouble. So I agreed to give him back his cell phone during the day, and he can hang out with friends during the day that don't break the law.

I hope and pray he is seeing the light that yes its OK to have fun and be a teen but not OK to sneak out at night with friends that do criminal activities, and he stay with them and watch them do it thinking he wont get in trouble.

Guide them and lead them in the right direction, and trust and pray they will do whats right, and when they get in trouble discipline them and then love them and guide them back on track its never to late for anyone, and we all have life lessons to learn daily.

Peace and Love, always, Ursula

No comments:

Post a Comment