Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Traveling with teens

Good Afternoon,
Finally back from my trip, and making time to write we had such a great mini Vacation at Silverwood.... There is so much to do there so many scary rides, and a big Boulder Beach water park kid and parent heaven. We packed in so much during are time there trying to see all, and do all that even the kids got exhausted. Great to bring the camera to capture as much as possible because one day god willing they will all be gone. We get at the hotel with three teens and there all techno junkies including me, so we got one with the laptop, one with the cable,me with my cell, and my daughter that is always planning more fun swimming, and my oldest that is a night owl and never wants to go to bed....FUN VACATION....LOL....THE JOYS OF PARENTING.

By the end they were yelling at me mom stop taking pictures... You are driving us crazy..but when we get home there grateful I took them and wish there was more of them on the rides. Life is such an adventure full of new things and possibilities daily. this week the two younger kids started School but my oldest is still home and his court is scheduled for tomorrow instead of today... like we thought. So we rushed over there for nothing today.

Tomorrow we will have both of his cases reduced, and hopefully move on from that, and he will make better choices. Sometimes you must learn the hard way before you finally take the right path, and teens think they know it all so the path to good takes awhile, while there hormones are raging, and there so trying to impress there friends they lose track of who they are for awhile so its the parents job to keep praying and trusting that this too shall pass. what I have found that really works is to pray early in the morning, and stay grateful even through the storm and just no that everything will be alright and keep believing that they will see the light, and only intervene when you need to, and try not to over react.

Sometimes just by being carefree and light headed makes all the difference. I trust daily that everything is going to be fine. and I keep my life busy and focus on my goals, and life without kids while there gone. To many people sit and worry about there kids all day long...no don't do that pray... and then trust God. Be a whole person, and live your life to its fullest and trust that the values you instilled will come back once there hormones, and attitude come back. I remember how I was as a teenager. I was a know it all I thought and my parents were crazy. I always said, and all I thought about was having fun and Boys. I snapped out of it kinda..lol
Just know they will too, and everything will be fine...Just try traveling with three teens and see how much they can make you crazy. I have learned to go with the flow, and do all with them and my husband on the other hand... has a low tolerance when it comes to kids in general so its harder for him to go with the flow, but by the grace of God we are all still alive and survive are family trips but are all so very thankful to have are own space once we get home.

Family's are great to have, but you must all learn to have your own separate time alone for regrouping and sanity savers. when we get home everyone is craving there alone time except my daughter she loves chaos all the time she hates alone time...so she may just have a huge family who knows. Are family is very vocal we say whats on are mind, and fight and then move on and love each other. we don't hold back are feelings at all and sometime that surprises people, because they think we are going to kill each other, or that we hate each other, but not the case we find it healthier then holding are feelings inside ..nobody ever has to wonder whats wrong or worry about silent treatment or getting offended...We just lay it all out there, and then move on not holding any resentment...I like it this way makes a happy home eventually..lol

Keep moving forward don't waste one single moment worrying or stressing about anything you cant change anyway, take one day at a time and go with the flow of life, Dreaming and doing what you love, pray and receive many blessings that you deserve to receive. Love all and walk in peace and love knowing that teens will grow, and you will grow through it, and survive. God will not give you more than you can handle in a day so stay in peace, and Love, and don't run from the ones that love you, and be all that you were created to be and do. Enjoy this journey called Life. Remember who you are and that you had an Identity before you had children, and they took over your life ...find it again and go in strength and accomplish all your goals.

Peace and Love Always, Ursula

No comments:

Post a Comment