Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday morning

Good Morning, What a beautiful morning it is... birds are singing sprinklers are on, and the kids are sleeping. You cant get any more peace than that. I really want to talk about moms today and how busy we truly are. Everyday I meet new moms from the pool, or new friends moms that my kids are hanging out with, and they seem to be so frazzled, and running around like a chicken with there head cut off. Trying to be the best mom they can possibly be by taking there kids to all the sports activities, and trips they think they need to do to make there kids happy, spending lots of money, and just wearing themselves out. I took my daughters friend home last night around eight pm, because she was hanging out with my daughter for the day, We were doing some yard work picking up apples, and I wanted to go to home depot to get some stepping stones to make a walkway leading to the outdoor office, and some red rocks to frame the new walkway, and anyway, I got to my daughters friends moms house to drop her off, and the mom came out and started visiting with me, for over an hour till it was dark. This was only the second time we had talked, she talked about how worried she was about are girls going to middle school and how she wanted to put her in another district... and on and on. I had to stop her, and let her know that everything was going to be fine, and the more she focused on herself instead of worrying about things she cant control , and remember that she raised her daughter to make healthy choices, and now she just needs to calm down, and give her a little space, and everything Will be fine. I explained to her how I use to do that, I focused so much on everyone else trying to be the best wife, and mom that I forgot about myself. Most moms I talk to forget to put them self at the top of the list, and then they wonder why there over weight, why there tired, frustrated, and cranky, and they are huge people please rs.... she said she does so much for her church, girl scoots, and friends that there is nothing left for her, her husband , and her children. I want everyone to here this today the most important thing you can do for yourself is to take great care of yourself, and once you develop, a great healthy eating, and workout plan for yourself you will not only feel better, you will have more energy, and you will be the best you can be for yourself, and your family. put your family first, the most Powerful word I want you to learn is NO. The phone will always ring trying to get you sucked into all the wonderful volunteer positions that are available, If it means that it is going to take from you, and your family, and that you will have nothing else to give your family.... Say NO. Once you do that for yourself something magical happens, you begin to nourish your soul, and spirit, and positive great things start to happen. I put myself on the list first thing in the morning. Writing about everything I am so very grateful for in my journal, working at, a at home position that I love, making great food choices for myself , and my family, working out in my wonderful home gym daily, that my kids see me doing daily when they wake up, and then its all about them, and I don't get to many friend activities going unless I have the time.I have learned that being "selfish is self care". I stay as stress free as possible , and the things that are out of my control, I pray about, and then let it go, and trust that my kids will make healthy choices for themselves. Take a deep breath, and make some changes for yourself today, Put yourself at the top of your to do list and see how wonderful you will feel. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment