Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kids bad choices.

Good Morning,
Yesterday was a crazy day. I talk alot about positive living, but there are some days, that I really need to go back, and read my own Blogs, because sometimes it seems that when one bad thing happens it just continues on all day. So this is how it went. Woke up with my husband, got his lunch ready, and visited with him at 4:30am then went back to sleep the kids forgot to set there alarm, except my oldest. So we all had to hurry to get out the door for school. Got them to school came home exercised as I always do, continued on with my daily routine, worked, and got a call from my kids school my middle child is in seventh grade, and this year he has decided that he would rather be the class clown, and hang around all the people that think there funny, and they just don't feel like doing school work they just want to flirt with the girls, and party. so he calls me to tell me that he has a step 4 ...Which means that a parent has to come in, and talk to the principal before he can go back to class. So I get to the office, and the principal has Devan tell me what happened, and Devan said "That he was horsing around at recess with his friends" So basically the principal explained that he and his group of friends have all been warned, and he still continued to do it.. Which the kids call it 'slap ass Friday, they like to slap kids in the ass. Its getting out of control, girls have been doing it as well they all think its funny,The principal however does not think that it is funny. So anyway I brought up his grades, and the principal checked them in his computer, and said " You are in honors class for math and science, and if you get behind you could get kicked out of that class.He knows how to do the work hes very smart hes just choosing not to turn in his work, So I am having my son stay after school until he gets it all figured out that school work has to be completed, and turned in on time all the time...Which is really ridicules, because he is thirteen. I guess for me as a mom I have always told my kids that School is the most important part right now for them to focus on, because I want them all to go to college, and have a great life. I also understand that they want to have fun to, so hopefully he can get back on track, because this is a non working situation. So as a mother when things like this happen... I need to take a deep breath, and not let it affect my mood for the whole day.

Today seems to be a better day, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. We can lead, and teach are children and realize they are children, and they are going to make mistakes, and they are life lessons, that we all have to learn. Have a great day, kiss, and hug your children even if they make bad choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment