Thursday, April 29, 2010

Celebrate your life and children

Good Morning,
This is the last week of April, and I'm getting ready for my daughters birthday May Fifth.
Shes always very excited to have a party, not sure what we are going to do yet, so I need to start getting ready for it.

As my kids get older, and taller it seems like it has gone way to fast, time just has a way of going faster the older we get. I'm really trying to slow it down as much as I can.I'm even trying to enjoy the teenage years, and praying everyday that they will be able to resist all the peer pressure out there with drugs, and gangs...so far so good. I'm there everyday picking them up, and paying attention to whats going on, and who there friends are, and keeping the communication open.

I'm noticing The friends that my oldest son has that have really Mean and over strict moms, are all running away or being kicked out....How sad I hope that my kids will be able to live with me until College, or during College... I'm fine with that It is hard to make it out there, and I really want them all to go to College if at all possible. I know that teenage years are hard, and there will be many trials, so I'm embracing all the good times while they are here, and praying that God will give me the strength to handle the difficult times when they come. I Love my kids, and I make sure and tell them daily how much I do.

Celebrate Life where you are right now, and embrace all now, and live as this could be your last day, let go of the things that are not important, so what if your house is not perfectly clean everyday, so what if your laundry is done but not folded, relax it will get done eventually. Create good memories for your kids,Fold the laundry together, and take the time to talk to them. they are not going to want to remember you as always being mad, and a Sargent, Make the memories of you as Loving,as thoughtful, and as Happy as it can be , and a safe place to fall. Try not to take life so serious, and remember all the pressure you felt as a kid. Have some compassion.

There is enough meanness out in the world, and so many obstacles. Wouldn't it be great if they could come home to a safe happy place a place that they love to be. You can make your house a safe loving home that even your teenagers want to be there. I know as Mothers we want to make sure that they are doing there responsibility's, but we also don't want to be so mean, and so strict that they hate us, and cant wait to run away...There needs to be a happy medium.

Peace, and Love Always, Ursula

No comments:

Post a Comment