Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Being a parent

Good morning,
Wow, does it feel like the older we get that time just goes by faster..It feels that way to me the days just go by so fast, no matter what I'm doing. Last night my daughter, and I made homemade finger steaks... have you ever made them it is a messy process my boys, and husband just love them. If my oldest son is at his friends house, and I call and say I'm making finger steaks he says" OK mom come and get me I'm ready to come home"...They all love them I don't make them very much though because they are fryed, but I figure they love them so much that once a month, or so wont hurt.

Does your family have a favorite meal that everyone loves? Its a great way to get them home and keep them home by making wonderful meals that they love. I will do anything to keep them off the streets my son has a friend that thinks they need to run the streets all night long, and I don't agree with that, so whatever it takes to keep them home and safe I will do.

It is our job as parents to enforce the rules, and establish good boundary's for our kids, and teach them integrity. They should be the best that they can be, as well as good students. Being a mom we will fail, because we are not perfect, so all we can do is guide them In the right direction, and pray they will make healthy choices for themselves. we don't have to sit around, and worry about them we just get to trust that the values that we have instilled in them will prevail.

BY your example, and being a good role model they will learn what they need to learn, and the path they choose is there choice. We don't know the future so we get to trust daily, and pray that everything will work out. I also believe that your kids need you even more when they are teenagers, and they need to count on you, and know that you love them. My three kids I take them to school, and pick them up everyday. I get to know there friends, and everything that is going on in there life, and I feel so blessed to be apart of that daily...Its the greatest gift ever to be present daily in my kids life. Are communication is strong, they tell me everything.

They will soon be grown, and I will no that I was so blessed to be a active mom in there life daily, without missing out on anything, some days can be hard, but most of them because of the way I choose to live my life... are such a blessing. Celebrate your life and your children's, and never go through a day without telling your family, and friends how much you love them.

Peace, and Love Always. Ursula

No comments:

Post a Comment