Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Holidays

Good morning,
Today I want to talk about the holidays, with Thanksgiving, and Christmas approaching us it should be a time of peace, and happiness. A time to be with your family, and share your love, and your traditions with your kids. Good food, and good fun. I feel like once you get married, and have your kids you should start your own traditions with your family. I encourage you if you have in laws, or moms, and dads that want to continue there traditions, and are not allowing you to be free to do as you wish to start your own. However If it is working, and your enjoying being with all the family members, then great. If however its a big problem going to so many different houses, and trying to please everyone, then that is a problem, and you need to set your boundary's, for yourself, and your family. So many people are afraid of change, change is good if its best for your family.

This is the way it was when I first got married, we always went to my husbands parents for Christmas, and we would pack up all the presents, travel in the snow, eat, and celebrate there traditions, and then travel back in the snow, with a car full of more presents. When we had are third kid I told my husband... I'm not traveling anymore for Christmas. Its time to stay home with are children, and start are own traditions, If your parents want to travel to us, that's fine. from that moment on we have been staying home for Christmas, allowing our children to be at home with us, and me cooking, and watching them at home with there own presents, beds, and food. What a difference it makes to do whats best for your immediate family. Do not be afraid to set your boundary's for your family.... that's part of taking great care of yourself. I always talk about.... Being a people pleas er does not work. Own your power, and stand up for yourself.

Tomorrow I have parent teachers conferences, and then I'm meeting with my friends for lunch, because we cant meet this Thursday, so it will be a great Day. I always have so much fun with my wonderful friends, I'm so lucky to have found them. I wish you all a great week, and remember its never to late to set your boundary's with your family, Believe it or not Holidays do not have to be stressful they can be absolutely Wonderful..Mine are.

No comments:

Post a Comment