Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday

I took my kids to the river yesterday with are Rafts I thought that would be a fun thing for them to do. My fourteen yr old son and his friend decided to go way out in the deap area were the big boats go and managed to go way under the snake river bridge with the flow of the current. I could no longer see him and his friend so I new he would not be able to paddle his way back to us because he was going against the current. So I hiked up to where him and his friend were under the snake river bridge, and sure enough they were struggling to get back because they would paddle and then they would get to a certain spot, and the current kept pushing them back. I hiked down to the water and got them to grab on to me and they got out. I pulled the Raft out of the water, and we hiked back up under the bridge and put the raft to the dock so they could paddle back to us were the current was not as strong. So needless to say my son and his friend learned a valuable lesson not to try to paddle against a stong current without a motor boat. I guess he thought he had the power of our big Bayliner. They stayed close to us after that there is a big designated swimming area with rope all around it, so they stayed in that area for the most part, and we had lots of fresh food and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment