Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Parenting

Good Morning,
There has been alot of discusions lately about disciplining our children, and setting boundary's that work. In most marriages one of the partners is more lenient then the other, In my experience. These are the things you never think about when getting married...How are are parenting skills going to reflect our relationship, and are children? Most of the men tend to be very straight forward, and not patient, and most woman tend to be more patient, and listen more. I know its not always like this... I can only talk about the situations I know about in my life.

Think about how great it would be if we new how to parent perfectly, but unfortunately we are all just parenting either the way are parents did it, or trying to do better then they did. I feel in my heart as a parent we are all going to make mistakes on are parenting skills, and we just need to learn from them, and not be afraid to say when we fale, because we all will.
I think are greatest guide is to pray about it, and listen to our heart, because raising children is one of the hardest, and most rewarding things in our lifes.

There has been alot of discussions also about whether, or not we should be buddies with are children, and I feel like you need to keep a parent child relationship so that they respect you, but you also need to keep a good open communication with your kids as well, they need you even more as they become teenagers, and I want them to know that yes there are rules, and responsibilities,that have to be done daily, but that they have a mom that is supportive, and loves them no matter what even if they fall. The first minutes of them getting home from school are so important, that is the time that they tell you what is going on in there daily life's, and If you spend your whole time mad at them for little petty things, then I feel you are going to miss out on the very important moments that you cant get back. I want my teens to come home after school and not run the streets it is so important to realize that they need a safe happy home life. SO I feel like we need to be so careful that we don't get so rapped up in the little petty things, and if you take the time to listen to your kids... things have a way of working themselves out. We don't know what the future holds only God does...We just get to focus on one day at a time.

I'm not sure if this makes since to you today... so I would love to hear some comments, On kids and discipline. I think if you find something that is working with your kids do it, and when its not working if there is alot of sadness, and tension in your home change it. Only you know what goes on behind closed doors. I adore my three teenager's, and I intent to love them even through the trials of being a teen, and do my best to keep a healthy positive, safe home that they can always come home too. Its just like a marriage for better,or worse, in sickness, or health. We get to be are children advocate they need, us and they need to be able to know that we are always there for them, and that they can tell us anything.

Peace and Love. Go hug your kid today, and tell them you love them even if they didn't do everything you told them to do, Love Ursula

No comments:

Post a Comment